1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: AP Assistant - The Invoice to Pay (I2P) Accounts Assistant plays a critical role in the day to day activities of the I2P team, supporting the business by ensuring transactions are processed in line with standard operating procedures and delivering high levels of customer service. This individual reports to the AP Team Leader and will work closely with finance team members, Procurement and other key stakeholders of the assigned units. The role requires a self-driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated professional capable of working in a fast paced environment while collaborating with various business stakeholders in administering the day-to-day operation of the region AP Function.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work as a point of contact for the business and external service provider for Invoice to Pay (I2P) processing
- Provide functional support to various end-users as it relates to invoice processing, vendor master changes and payments. .
- Work with external service provider to resolve problems pertaining to Purchase Orders, Goods/Services Receiving and Invoicing to ensure timely and accurate supplier payments
- Identify improvement opportunities and be an active contributor in problem solving and fact finding analysis
- Provide local and regional support to end-users on finance policies and procedures and assist with preparing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Serve as central request point for guidance and assistance regarding supplier additions and/or updates to the Vendor Data Master
- Conduct user acceptance testing for system upgrades and changes
- Support month end close activities, as needed
- Work closely with the local business to understand issues and feedback into process improvement recommendations
- Providing ad-hoc reporting for leadership, effectively communicating with our business partners and participating in special or cross-functional projects.
- Assist with providing requested information for internal and external auditors
- Individual may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work period’s, or otherwise to balance the workload
- Assist AP Leader in ICP Reporting in One Stream and get ICP invoices paid in timely basis through netting/Bank
- Responsible for analysis of the Goods Received Not Invoiced (GRNI) account, working with Xylem’s third party financial shared service partner to investigate and clear aged items.
- Compliance with SOX procedure documentation and controls, with minimum audit findings
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Bachelor/Master Degree with Sharp Accounting Skill
3-5 years of relevant work experience in mid-size organization handling AP Function
Fluent in English
Good knowledge in MS-Excel, writing emails in corporate environment