Human Resources Business Partner
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
This is an exciting opportunity to join Xylem’s Applied Water Systems (AWS) business and its efforts to provide products and systems for the efficient movement and use of water in homes, commercial buildings, light industry, agriculture and irrigation. Xylem employees share a passion for meeting the world’s needs by offering the best water solutions to our customers. Xylem seeks employees with the ingenuity, skill and passion to help solve the world’s water challenges.
The Role: Goulds Water Technology, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Human Resources Business Partner for the Xylem-AWS-Lubbock, Texas facility. As a member of the broader Xylem-AWS/ACT Human Resources Team, this role provides HR solutions for two locations which enable the business to achieve their operating plan and objectives. Coaching Managers, building talent and succession plans, shaping culture and change leadership are all key elements of the role.
HR Business Partners wear many hats and work at both the strategic and tactical level. On any given day, we're designing new, programs and frameworks, advising organizations on how to develop a culture of feedback, and iterating on how we can improve our efficacy as a team. We're involved in all the key moments of an employee's life cycle which results in a wide breadth of responsibilities and opportunities.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, while ensuring business objectives and overall employee support efforts are maintained. If you are industrious, detail and customer-oriented, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building managerial capability through focused HR practices as well as guidance, coaching leaders, peers, managers and employees, counseling, mentoring and development.
- Operates as a change agent, shaping local culture, leading the implementation and execution of corporate wide practices such as performance management approach, organizational development, talent reviews, succession planning and shared services/COE strategies.
- Responsible for understanding the business, financials and goals. Analyzes trends and metrics and collaborates with site leadership team to develop new approaches to improve upon meeting business objectives, productivity and people development.
- Responsible for taking a hands-on approach and successfully monitoring the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Responsible for managing recruitment program and initiating new requisitions. Effectively collaborates and partners with the Talent Acquisition Center of Excellence in support of sourcing strategies and all parts of the process to ensure high quality and fast results for the business.
- Responsible for effective onboarding of new employees. Coordinate as necessary with the recruiting team for certain portions of the process. The onboarding process may occasionally include relocation and immigration support and coordination.
- Responsible for managing employee relations issues including conducting investigations and appropriate conflict resolution; Performance Improvement Plan development and delivery as required.
- Responsible for administering at the local level: compensation/remuneration; equal employment/affirmative action; metrics; training and development; non-wired training records; and salary planning coordination.
- Maintains and ensures updates of employee data in the HR Information Systems (Workday) and participates in the development and implementation of new systems.
- Leads and/or serves on project teams as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- 7+ years of directly related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of human resources, state and federal labor laws and regulations
- Excellent working knowledge of organizational development, compensation, benefits, employee relations and training
- Ability to act independently and quickly solve problems, make decisions with a strong customer oriented focus
- Embraces change and demonstrates ability to operate as an agent of change
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Workday is a plus
- Strong Business Acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & verbal), and customer service skills
- PHR/SPHR a plus
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Medium lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
EOE including disability and veteran