Senior Cloud Architect
We’re Hiring for a Senior Cloud Architect!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Senior Cloud Architect role is to architect, develop, and re-engineer applications that leverage public cloud. This role requires thought leadership and assistance with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to design architectures for teams across Xylem's global enterprise as we build new applications in the cloud. The successful candidate is a highly talented and hands on technical architect that's comfortable with DevOps practices and contributing to inner sourced codebases. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Define and document best practices for delivering technologies on public cloud
- Work with application teams to understand complex system requirements and guide development towards best practices.
- Convert system requirements into Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) to codify system infrastructure.
- Maintain and contribute to inner sourced IaC codebase
- Collaborate with operations teams to design governance solutions for public cloud resources.
- Collaborate with security teams to design and implement policy controls
- Collaborate with network teams to provide secure, highly available communications between Xylem services on our global network.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Bachelor of Science Technical degree or equivalent professional skills
- 8 or more years of IT implementation experience
- Experience with agile methodologies and the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- IT compliance, security, and risk management experience
- Experience developing Terraform
- Strong experience architecting and designing highly available systems in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Functional experience migrating applications from on-prem to public cloud and hybrid-cloud
- Understanding of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies (i.e. MQTT, NBIoT)
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a standard office environment. The role can be remote based and the expected travel is 10% or less.
The estimated salary range for this position is $120,000 to $210,000. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.