Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Your Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, is seeking candidates with a Machine Learning / Software Engineering background to join our team as a Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer. As a member of our Data Science team, the incumbent will design, develop and test machine learning workflows / applications to integrate with Sensus applications. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate to work on state-of-the art data science technology trends, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Desire to build game-changing analytics tools and fulfill research needs.
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Passionate about applications, analytics, storage and distributed systems
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelors of Science degree or higher in a conventional field like Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Data Science or equivalent and 4-5 years related work experience.
- STRONG attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines/schedules.
- Experience with real world software engineering using Java, Scala, Python or similar language.
- Experience applying Machine Learning to real world problems through either higher level academic research or real world environment work experience.
- Experience using Linux and open source technologies
- Openness towards learning the AWS Cloud ecosystem of web services
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of data scientists/engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience with ML packages/tools like Scikit, Tensorflow, Sagemaker, etc
- Experience usingSQL in a real world environment.
- Experience working with hardware devices/protocols
Experience working directly with non-technical stakeholders to explain complex topics/findings and deliver presentations.
Ability to work on open ended research problems
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.