Electronic Engineer - Firmware
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Conducts or participates in the research, design, development, testing and utilization of information processing hardware and/or electrical components, mechanisms, materials, circuitry, processes, and as a minor subset, packaging and cabinetry, for processors and/or storage.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs large complex application software by using
- current high level programming languages (C++, Visual Basic, etc.).
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Analyzes, enhances, develops, installs, tests and modifies complex applications using high
- level languages. May also include development of Web-Based applications.
- Conducts systems analysis and programming activities related to the development,
- maintenance, and/or installation of computer programs to support proprietary application
- Perform designing, developing and implementing complex hardware solutions while adhering
- to manufacturing capabilities
- Complete all engineering documentation to support a design effort
- Required experience:
- At least two years of experience in hardware and firmware development in the
- electrical/electronic field.
- Experience with signal processing, communication protocols and switching power supplies is
- Experience in design / troubleshooting Analog, Digital, embedded processor designs is
- Solid in utilizing the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Good English knowledge
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.