Sr. Applications Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Applications Engineer is responsible for providing product application support to Customers, Sales Team, Product Management, and 3rd party business partners while collaborating within the organization to develop new product applications for SFC Industrial, Beverage, Marine and RV markets. Extensive knowledge of centrifugal and/or positive displacement pump applications, and fluid dynamics are required.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Ensure new products and extensions are safe for the application, and meet customer specifications including respective Agency requirements.
- Provide technical support to AWS Product Safety and Liability Team
- Provide technical support for new and existing installations/applications, new product extensions (NBOs), Xylem Product Development (XPD) projects, quality issues and product improvements.
- Create, update and manage customer-facing technical materials including all new and existing product Installation & Operation Manuals (IOMs), quick start guides and product data sheets
- Interface with Sales Team, Product Managers, Product/Sustaining Engineers, Program Managers, Production and Purchasing personnel as required to understand and account for project execution strategies, schedules, and costs in the development of deliverables
- Lead beta testing and competitive evaluations
- Able to lead simple application related projects
- Work with Sales Team and Product Managers to provide product applications training; document success stories to grow the opportunity funnel
- Use continuous improvement methods to further develop department processes and improve customer response time
- Ensure that all projects are completed on time following established procedures and schedules
- Provide technical oversight and assistance to other departments as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- External: Interacts with external customers at all levels. Acts as a representative of the company as a technical contact to multiple departments and site locations across the company
- Internal: Interacts with all internal cross functions, including Product Management, Business Development, Sales, Sourcing, Purchasing, Quality, and Operations
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification):
- Requires B.S. degree, preferably in Engineering or in a technical area of science and research with 7 to 10 years work experience
- or a MS degree with minimum 5 years work experience
- Proven demonstrated leadership experience is required
Other local requirement:
- Follow all ESH policies and procedures
- Take responsibility for your own safety & watch out for the safety of co-workers and co-operate with employer on ESH matters
- Immediately report hazards, near misses and unsafe behaviors to your supervisor
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 pounds), office environment
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Business Office Environment that includes laptop and standard office equipment; work performed in an open plan, cubicle work space or remote setting
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $80,000 to $100,000 plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.