Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Utility Assembler to join the Applied Water Systems facility in Auburn, NY. The Utility Assembler will provide a variety of service functions including fork truck operation minor stock and storekeeper work, assembly and sub-assembly, pickup and delivery of parts and tools. Some packing and other miscellaneous duties related to the assembly floor and contiguous operations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide a variety of service functions related to operations, assembling, and delivery of parts
- Fork truck operation
- Minor stock and storekeeper work Assembly and sub-assembly Pickup and delivery of parts and tools.
- Some packing and other miscellaneous duties related to the assembly floor and contiguous operations.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Candidate Qualifications: Must be alert and exercise some judgment in the performance of assigned duties and provide co-workers with proper service.
- Standard procedures followed in pump assembly to expedite and correct assembly.
- Initiative required to service co-workers and in applying routine procedures in pump assembly. Refer all questions to supervisor which do not occur in the normal course of job.
- Damage to parts or sub-assemblers due to normal errors would be minimal.
- Must pass reference/security check, physical, and drug test
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Work may require occasional heavy lifting or moderate physical effort in handling various assemblies
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Average assembly conditions exposed to dirt, oil and damp conditions.
EOE including disability and veteran