Director, Continuous Improvement (CI Center of Excellence)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Director of Continuous Improvement to take responsibility for the development and the delivery of the Continuous Improvement Program in the area of Quality.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Define and Implement the CI program in the Quality area in collaboration with the businesses and the Quality community
- Drive the development and the implementation of the CI projects consistent with and in support of the strategic plan and the functional priorities
- Develop and implement A Global Quality Management System embedded into the Xylem Business Excellence model
- Identify opportunities to drive COPQ improvements (Cost of Poor Quality)
- Documents and validates achieved CI benefits in existing tracking systems
- Assist in designing new procedures and methods for operational processes
- By utilizing projects charters with deliverables, will work with the process owners to identify, modify, and sustain desired changes including reducing waste and improving inefficiencies
- Mentor employees to realize benefits from all CI initiatives and act as a change agent to the Corporate Functions
- Identify opportunities for CI projects via CI events (Kaizen event, Value Stream Mapping, idea generation, etc.) and prioritize improvement opportunities with the management teams
- Monitor project pipeline and initiatives from idea generation to strategic execution. Provide strategic insight and evaluation of the organizations progression.
- Lead key strategic projects requiring significant transformation
- Work/share good practice with other CI leaders
- Act as a mentor for the management teams, supervisory staff and front line personnel.
- Participate in developing and influencing strategy, planning, and execution depending on project or initiative needs.
- Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to drive continuous improvements; remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes.
- Develop CI organization capability following corporate guideline
- Support the organization for other CI activities like CI maturity assessment, LEADING 4 Continuous Improvement Program
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 10-15+ years’ business experience in global/international company
- Proficiency in CI transformation and Quality Management System (PPAP- Production Part Approval Process, Supplier Quality, SPC- Statistical Process Control, APQP- Advanced Product Quality Planning, DFSS- Design For Six Sigma)
- Demonstrated success in leading significant change in large organization
- Proven Continuous improvement/lean and six sigma expertise in various business area (in manufacturing and transactional processes)
- Experience of running multiple, large size international projects in different locations
- Ability to drive hands on execution in the business and strategic thinking with top leaders
- Proficiency in coaching, people development, change management
- Proven track record of lean implementation with kaizen event
- Subject matter expert for continuous improvement tools and method, in Lean, DMAIC, DFSS, and project management
- Experience in developing a Customer Experience strategy is a plus
- Proven ability to develop influential relationship at multiple levels
- Excellent overall business acumen and organizational savvy
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Propensity for identifying issues proactively, making decision with incomplete information, and ability to manage ambiguity
- Ability to simplify and clarify complex and ambiguous problems
- Excellent project management skills
- Analytical and process thinking
- Rational persuasion
- Passion for continuous improvement and change management
- Ability to teach and describe excellence
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: up to 75%
EOE including disability and veteran