Sr. Director Product and Technology
Job ID 2021-3025
MedscapeLIVE!, a Medscape Company, delivers MD and HCP audiences across all therapeutic areas. Access MDs and HCPs through MedscapeLIVE! Events.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Senior Director, Product and Technology
MedscapeLIVE! is seeking an experienced innovation and technology thought leader in the live event products area. The role will innovate and develop product and technology packages potentiating growth of the live in-person and virtual events portfolio delivered by MedscapeLIVE by addressing member’s needs and objectives. Additionally, this senior leader will define and execute the larger Technology Product roadmap that supports the journey of Medscape member healthcare providers. Live event innovators and disruptors welcome!
Successful candidates are expected to be strong leaders with a passion for creating and optimizing live event and digital experiences, demonstrate expertise or experience with live event products, technical, business and UX, and demonstrate a proven record of accomplishment in execution, leadership, and innovation.
- Lead the development of new and impactful in-person or virtual live event products, features and enhancements across various brands and regulatory sectors supported by MedscapeLIVE!
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmaps for new event products and communicate the product value proposition to stakeholders and management
- Develop, refine, and provide usage governance for technology platforms that manage and support the healthcare provider live event attendee journey
- Serve as the principle advisor for technical capabilities offered by MedscapeLIVE!
- Integrate live event products within the context of the broader digital offerings provided by Medscape and related brands
- Support sales teams as a subject matter expert in consulting with customers and senior leadership to optimize live event solutions that meet objectives for member engagement
- Collaborate with marketing, UX and various other internal stakeholder groups to iterate and improve on attendee/user experience within live event products
- Develop market research and competitive analysis to inform product offerings and trends
- Design, collect, and analyze metrics that measure product success
- Review proposal documents to maintain product integrity
- Monitor status of ongoing work and articulate progress, dependencies, and risks to product team, engineering and other stakeholders
- Act as a product ambassador for MedscapeLIVE!
- Lead and provide mentorship to other Product Management team members
- Travel as necessary to various MedscapeLIVE offices and live events
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Technology, Scientific discipline or a related degree or a total of 12 years of business experience
- 8+ years managing live event and/or digital products – preferably for a major media company, agency, healthcare oriented society or consultancy group
- Proven track record of creating and delivering on strategic roadmap initiatives
- Execution focused with a demonstrated track record of getting things done in fast-paced environments
- Demonstrated success in creating and innovating live event products
- Must be a creative thinker with the ability to develop customized solutions based on clients’ needs
- Ability to learn quickly and work effectively across multiple departments to accomplish goals
- Ability to establish strong, productive and collaborative internal relationships with business and sales leaders, technical leaders, marketing leaders and organization executives
- Ability to be a passionate advocate for our products and related value propositions
- Exceptional communication skills to executive, business and technology leaders
- Positive and strong team player with a good work ethic
- Comfortable adjusting priorities in response to dynamic business environment