Director Strategic Accounts
Job ID 2023-5444
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
- Sell current and new ad products and strategic initiatives
- Develop the strategies needed to help clients make informed decisions through a consultative sales approach
- Utilize forecasting and business analytical skills to take advantage of opportunities and to expand relationships
- Build relationships with agency and brand decision makers alike
- Develop, craft, and pitch client proposal and brand opportunities
- Work closely with internal teams to identify key strategies to maximize impact of clients’ campaigns on the WebMD Health Network
- Work closely with sales support groups such as Sales Planning, Marketing Solutions, Traders, Business Intelligence, and others to increase close rate and maximum campaign performance
- Spearhead media activation strategies and delivering innovation
- Create an environment of collaboration, teamwork, learning, and sharing that can help drive success
- Digital savviness a must with a strong understanding of media tactics, new innovations, custom content, programmatic capabilities, data, and measurement
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5 to 10 years advertising experience
- Extensive client deal-making experience and a desire to aggressively “hunt” and develop new business
- Excels in an entrepreneurial sales environment with only moderate supervision. Can handle the complexities of managing a territory with East Coast support teams
- Effectively blends the need to be a brand champion, a data expert, and a client consultant in order to maximize territory sales
- Excellent written and verbal skills, professional demeanor, strong work ethic, and enjoys working on a team
- Relevant vertical marketplace experience and familiarity across Pharmaceutical and healthcare related customers.
- 5+ years digital media sales preferred
- Agency experience in both the planning and buying of interactive media a plus