Technical Product Manager- CMS & Indexing
Job ID 2021-3120
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is seeking an energetic and experienced technical product manager to join our team and support the management and development of our content management products and publishing tools which help support serving up content for the healthcare industry globally.
The technical product manager is expected to perform all product management duties including ideation with stakeholders and teams, users, requirements gathering and project planning, documentation and wireframe preparation and post launch product evaluation and maintenance. Stakeholders and teams include editorial, production, design, QA, data services and marketing.
The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with the engineering team and business stakeholders to produce documentation and wireframes, plus create related users stories that satisfy the business request
- Maintain a healthy backlog of prioritized work, provide updates and showcasing demos to cross-functional teams and leadership
- Work with cross-functional teams to define and prioritize dependencies and requirements for shared services and cross-platform work
- Make informed decisions that keep the product development moving forward while providing transparency and potential impacts to colleagues and leadership
- Perform product and technical analysis and be comfortable presenting insights and recommendations
- Keep all stakeholders regularly informed of product management and engineering planning
- Manage multiple products simultaneously
- Be creative and curious and make regular contributions for new product ideas based on market need and innovations in technology
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related experience
- Strong understanding of technology platforms and how data flows between applications
- Minimum 2 years in content management systems (CMS) experience as Product Manager or as mixed role of Developer / Product Manager
- The candidate must demonstrate experience in:
- Gathering and documenting requirements
- Providing business rationale for requested work based on data
- Creating user stories, wireframing, and grooming stories with the teams
- Communicating to stakeholders
- Familiar with Agile methodology and the tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to be flexible with evolving business requirements and possible impacts they could have
- The successful candidate will possess excellent organizational skills and be a strong and confident communicator able to converse easily among business, editorial and engineering teams
- Strong plus if candidate has technical knowledge of SQL, Drupal, Taxonomy, XML, Learning Management System (LMS) such as Opigno and programing language(s)
Skills / experience in editorial operations and in the medical information sector are a strong plus.