Job ID 2021-3060
MedscapeLIVE!, a Medscape Company, delivers MD and HCP audiences across all therapeutic areas. Access MDs and HCPs through MedscapeLIVE! Events.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The MedscapeLIVE! Senior Producer is a key contributor to the overall success of the Live Business Unit. The Senior Producer manages in person and virtual events both domestically and globally. The central component of the position is the ability to manage staff and coordinate, produce and direct successful MedscapeLIVE! live events. The Senior Producer will produce and manage engaging multimedia to support medical communications at medical conferences and webinars.
- Develop and lead creative vision for Medical communications video programs
- Ability to meet rapid turnarounds and deadlines
- Produce in person live events and multi day conferences both domestically and globally, work with both internal departments and outside vendors to execute events to MedscapeLIVE! Specs and standards
- Produce and direct virtual conferences on various platforms, simulcast webinars and virtual conferences (Livestream, vMix, etc.), and direct and technical direct virtual events
- Develop partnerships and relationships with high-end production companies
- Work with senior leadership to promote innovation in the health video space
- Use sound research techniques to produce content with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to manage staff and multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Update scripts for a healthcare professional audience
- Responsible for developing and delivering against key video engagement metrics and delivering high quality video content in accordance with editorial and best practice policy and standards
- Excellent organizational skills for tracking events timelines and budgets, expertise in Excel and Microsoft Suites, Smartsheet and other organizational tools
- Experience producing and directing live events and virtual events including setting up tech, troubleshooting, staging and managing the overall event
- Expertise in live streaming and a strong technical problem solving ability
- Experience working in a fast paced, deadline-driven Web environment
- Exceptional working knowledge of video producing and editing (Adobe Suite); can adapt to change quickly while working collaboratively with clients and internal business units.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous showrunner experience
- Ability to work independently and with other departments
- Vendor contacts in the live event, virtual and post production space
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Strong team player that takes on challenging projects with a positive attitude and communicates well with medical professionals
- 12 + years working in multimedia/ live events producing compelling events and content that drives membership and pushes the envelope