Assoc Dir, Public Health Solutions
Job ID 2021-3111
Medscape, a division of WebMD, is one of the largest providers of medical education and communications in the world. Its membership of over 2 million US healthcare providers includes physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other medical professionals. Medscape has partnerships with organizations such as the United Nations, CDC, FDA and over a hundred other medical associations and academic medical centers. WebMD is one of the largest and most trusted brands in consumer health information reaching tens of millions of consumers daily. In this role, you will leverage these industry-leading assets and position them to the US federal government, with the goal of securing contracts focused on various elements of healthcare.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
2020 and the first half of 2021 has been a time of significant growth for our division. Help us grow our government business by soliciting new contracts focused on medical education and training, healthcare market research, and media from some of the most prestigious departments in the US federal government. You will work with our team of project managers, strategists, media specialists, and researchers. You will have face to face client communications, so please come with project/account management and/or government - focused sales experience. You will have a history of developing new government - related relationships that will lead to prime contractor and/or direct government contracts. We are a small but influential team, where you will have an opportunity to make a difference in public health, in a prominent role within the organization.
- Source media, medical education/training, and research opportunities from both prime contractors and the government directly. Leverage your pre-existing client contacts and know-how to advocate and sell new solutions.
- Work with the internal project team and serve as business development liaison with the client.
- Prospect for new business opportunities through outreach and networking.
- Review subcontract agreements and awards before legal reviews.
- Working with senior staff, consult government databases and your own network to locate new contract opportunities.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ experience in sales / business development with a government contractor in health communications.
- Candidates should have experience managing client relationships and seeking, proposing, and managing health communications projects
- Experience working in a fast pace environment and the ability to work across corporate departments.
- Self-started who will enthusiastically engage government clients and conduct prospecting outreach to general meetings and connections.
- Fluency in ms suite (powerpoint, excel, and word)
A self-contained health communications professional with at least 7 years’ experience in sales / business development or in a project management capacity with a prime contractor where you have a proven history of client engagement and new business development. You should have experience in seeking, proposing, and managing health communications projects. Experience with professional education, media, research, and researching government RFP databases is a plus.