Lead Web Application Developer
Job ID 2021-3124
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining complex web applications. Individuals must be a self-starter with the ability to handle a number of simultaneous projects, demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive projects to completion, and be successful in a collaborative environment. The candidate must be organized, detail oriented and be able to prioritize tasks. She/he will help ensure that application code is of high quality by participating in/leading code reviews, writing automated test harnesses, assisting in the deployment of code onto the pre-production & production environments and helping in mentoring junior staff.
This position requires full time presence in our Newark office with some availability for remote work..
Strong analytical and problem solving skills, high level of technical competency & leadership, attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively (written & verbal) are also critical success factors for this role.
- Design complex, high traffic web-based applications using Object-oriented design and patterns
- Technical design and development of presentation layer components utilizing the Vue.js framework for single page applications
- Drive code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Develop detailed work breakdown structure for analysis, design, development and deployment activities
- Build applications deployed on Kubernetes and Nginx
- Perform application trouble-shooting and lead root-cause analysis
- Foster the establishment of good front-end development practices, development frameworks and quality assurance practices to facilitate sustainable growth of the team
- Development utilizing Vue and Node
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience architecting efficient and reusable front-end web component
- Experience within backend development utilizing Node.js and Vue.js applications is preferred
- Solid understanding of web performance. Experience with web asset optimization and content delivery networks
- Familiarity with Functional Programming and Microservice Architecture is desirable
- Familiarity with Docker & Kubernetes is desirable
- Experience with development methodologies such as Agile and programming methodologies such as version control (git), unit and regression testing (Selenium) and quality assurance (QA) and familiarity with full-stack development is preferred but not required
- Attention to detail including – maintaining issues lists and timely status reporting