Job ID 2021-2796
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Medscape is seeking an energetic and experienced product manager to join our team, supporting the management and development of the core Medscape site experience.
The Product Manager is responsible for the standard product management portfolio, including product ideation with stakeholders, users, and clients; market and competitive analysis; requirements gathering and documentation; Agile scrum team collaboration and backlog management; and post launch product evaluation and maintenance. Stakeholders and teams can include editorial, sales, production, design, development/engineering, data services, and marketing teams, across a wide range of domestic and global affiliates.
The successful candidate will:
- Own product development for a variety of site features and functionality, including clinical specialty homepages, social engagement tools, search, SEO optimizations and much more, with the goal of making information and resources available as quickly and easily as possible to our core audience of physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Be a passionate advocate for our products and users and possess strong communication and presentation skills
- Develop new product vision in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Manage quarterly roadmaps and communicate plans and status clearly
- Create product roadmaps, feature backlogs and product documentation such as user stories, use cases, user flows, logic flows, and functional specifications
- Use analytics platforms to influence decision making, using Omniture/Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics or similar
- Collaborate with SEO team to incorporate best practices
- Understand web user psychology and user experience trends
- Prioritize time and manage multiple products simultaneously
- Keep all stakeholders regularly informed of product and development status
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of related experience
- 3+ years in online and software product management and development;
- Show expertise in cross-platform (desktop and app) UX/UI
- Demonstrate strong problem solving, analytic, and decision-making skills, and the ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues
- Prioritize their time effectively and manage multiple products simultaneously
- Experience with the online publishing industry
- Experience with the pharmaceutical marketing industry, including agency work
- Experience working with clinical information or experience within the healthcare industry