Associate Medical Writer
Job ID 2021-2828
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position is presently remote as COVID-related circumstances continue. Future arrangement negotiable.
- Writing effective promotional copy for digital campaigns (branded and unbranded) targeted to a physician/healthcare professional (HCP) audience
- Adapting and reviewing content to fit various product formats, including but not limited to: websites, mobile alerts, emails, speaker videos, online graphic banner and text ads (multiple sizes), emails (including newsletters, formulary data, and/or safety alert-type communications)
- Providing vital content support to client services teams responsible for helping brand managers and their medical/legal/regulatory (MLR) teams steer all promotional pieces through review and approval processes
- Cross-team collaboration to troubleshoot strategic content- and process-related issues with other internal departments, e.g., Editing, Creative Services, Marketing, as necessary to achieve project objectives
- Active participation in meetings with clients (project kickoffs, status calls, etc.) as needed
- Assisting senior staff on accounts as needed
- BA/BS, preferably in a scientific/medical discipline, with proven ability to develop clinically-sound, medical marketing copy.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in a high-volume, process-oriented pharmaceutical advertising agency, or other healthcare communications role with a focus on online promotional content development. Advanced degree in health sciences discipline (MS, MA, MPH) plus comfort with medical marketing topics and therapeutic categories may substitute for professional experience
- Demonstrated content experience in service of digital campaigns and products, such as websites, emails, and banner ads. Experience with content development for mobile environments a plus. Exposure to promotional marketing strategy targeting physicians a huge plus.
- Ability to comprehend clinical research/information, branded pharmaceutical visual aids, and/or online interactive programs a plus
- Willingness and ability to adapt quickly to working across therapeutic categories
- Demonstrated accountability to effective cross-team communications, particularly with Client Services-type (Account Managers), Web Services, and Editorial/Creative groups. Client-facing experience a plus
- Solid communication, project/time management, and computer skills (MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, electronic workflow management systems, etc.)
- Some understanding of regulatory requirements ("MLR") and submission systems, FDA guidance, and/or OPDP regulations desired, but not required
Writing samples/portfolio (either accessible via online site or hard copy) will be expected.