Writer/Editor - Medical Content
Job ID 2021-3017
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical and practice management information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The writer / editor will work with the Editorial Director and Senior Director for Business of Medicine to author and edit content for U.S. audiences. Content will address professional and lifestyle issues around nurses, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, residents, and medical students.
- Develop ideas, research, write or assign articles discussing professional issues for healthcare workers
- Recruit and supervise columnists / bloggers
- Look for and develop content experts for content and special reports regarding healthcare professionals for Business of Medicine
- Identify and contact experts for video interviews, including developing questions for interview and coordinating with video staff on scheduling and recording
- Work with other Business of Medicine staff on special reports, specifically those covering residents, nurses, and medical students. This includes developing content based on survey results.
- Assist in the development of new special reports and content series
- Format and traffic articles through editorial and production, including creating a discussion and poll for relevant contributions
- Maintain and monitor a content budget
- Communicate and coordinate with other Business of Medicine and Medscape editors
- Monitor traffic and performance of content
- Update Medscape websites in timely manner to reflect most recent content
- Help develop Business of Medicine Advisory Board
- Assist with editing content
- Ensure timely delivery at each editorial stage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in digital medical publishing
- Highly detail oriented, organized, self-starter
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- BA or equivalent experience required