Metadata Product Manager
Job ID 2021-2686
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
At Krames, we create patient education and resources that engage people throughout the patient journey. We deliver patient engagement solutions that are integrated into large health systems’ patient and clinical workflows. Increasingly, our education resources are intertwined with client and partner resources to create custom patient applications that deliver personalized recommendations based on each individual’s journey, condition, preferences and life situation. At the heart of our innovation is the need to dynamically deliver precise content assets through the combination of a robust metadata and taxonomy infrastructure, API-driven content retrieval and understanding of the consumer’s health information needs and engagement patterns.
We wish to enhance our metadata, taxonomies and delivery infrastructure by hiring an experienced Metadata Product Manager, who is familiar with specifying and using large structured data models and data sets, including healthcare taxonomies, to solve complex business demands.
In this exciting role we expect you to work in semantic media technologies and generate ontologies and vocabularies that describe our data. The metadata should be easily consumable by modern technology systems including Hypermedia Applications, internal APIs and graph modelling tools.
- The Metadata Product Manager will support Krames’ innovation in consumer health engagement by applying metadata and dynamic content retrieval strategies to highly personalized and proactive patient engagement applications across the healthcare continuum.
- The role will support the Product and Content teams in defining metadata that supports best-in-class content discoverability and search, and creating dynamic content products.
- Apply your experience with large, complex metadata models to our content delivery strategy to fill clients’ needs for dynamic, highly personalized education across the patient journey.
- Understand and contribute to the end-to-end business and content strategy as it relates to the development and delivery of dynamic content products through precise API-driven content retrieval.
- Collaborate with product, data science and technology teams to develop a data-driven strategy to create highly personalized applications.
- Understand professional and consumer search and content discoverability needs. Develop updated strategies and metadata infrastructure to make consistent improvements in content discoverability.
- Work closely with product, technology and content teams in the identification and documentation of business and technical metadata for all critical data elements. This includes developing best practices for the mapping of content to external taxonomies and internally defined business and process metadata.
- Create consistent metadata to describe a variety of content resources in a way that enables content discovery through search (SEO) and user navigation.
- Create taxonomies and consistent metadata frameworks to describe a variety of content resources in a way that enables dynamic product definition and delivery.
- Maintain and update metadata requirements. Work closely with IT counterparts to ensure consistent data.
- Develop and support business glossaries and technical metadata.
- Conduct analysis to ensure the quality and integrity of metadata.
- Assist the content team in creating procedures and workflows to support metadata management.
- Collaborate with content, business and technical stakeholders on maintaining metadata.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise related to metadata and search performance.
- Analyze business needs by facilitating business and IT discussions and reviewing business requirements. Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders to design and implement metadata usage and reporting solutions.
- Assist in documenting source to target data mapping, transformations and controls.
- Support content strategy through analysis related to content alignment with internal and external taxonomies.
- Have knowledge and the ability to use content management systems, mobile apps, APIs, algorithms.
- Execute multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing, Digital or Graphic Design, Media Studies or related field or an additional 4 years of experience in product/ management
- 5+ years in online and software product management and development
- 1+ years working with data; analyzing, interpreting and classifying for best use of product direction
- Experience working with clinical information or experience within the healthcare industry a plus
- Be a passionate advocate for your products;
- Possess excellent organizational skills, and be a very strong and confident communicator, able to translate easily between business, editorial, sales, and engineering teams;
- Show expertise in cross-platform (desktop and app) UX/UI
- Demonstrate strong problem solving, analytic, and decision-making skills, and the ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues
- Prioritize their time effectively and manage multiple products simultaneously