Head of Consumer Audience Development
Job ID 2021-2769
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is seeking a Head of Audience Growth. This position serves as the key business lead for audience growth strategy across WebMD’s consumer websites. The Head of Audience Growth will set the overall direction for audience acquisition, audience engagement, and traffic delivery to key areas of the sites while partnering with business leads over content and product development to define and deliver the overall site experience that meets the needs of our audience and advertisers. This position will have responsibility over our global business including high priority topics across professional and consumer.
- Develop and implement cohesive audience growth plans across platforms and channels
- Serve as business owner for multi-channel audience plan for WebMDs consumer network
- Innovate new concepts to drive audience (acquisition, engagement, and retention),across channels and brands including social media, newsletters, SEO, and other off platform channels
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Content, Engineering and other teams as needed to develop/prioritize key projects to drive growth of the audience at scale
- Develop and communicate executive facing reporting and performance tracking
- Foster and maintain strong business relationships with key decision makers across all business areas, including Editorial, Business Intelligence, Product, and Engineering, Ad Ops
- Develop and execute data-driven audience growth plans across all distribution channels and platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields or equivalent work experience (MBA preferred)
- 10+ years’ experience in product or content role focused on digital audience growth
- 5+ years’ experience leading teams responsible for Audience Development, Social, SEO, and/or Newsletters
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills
- Proven track record of site traffic growth through strategic initiatives through email, free/paid social
- Extremely well organized and process-oriented
- Expertise in audience acquisition and engagement tactics related to SEO, newsletter acquisition and retention, social and content strategy
- Strong understanding/experience of user engagement metrics, tracking, analysis. Strong expertise in analytical and data driven growth strategies.
- Health media experience a plus