Platform Software Developer
Job ID 2021-2792
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD Health Services is looking for an experienced Software Developer that will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining automated tools, including continuous integration and delivery platforms. You will implement repeatable processes to ensure that code is built, packaged and delivered accurately and reliably. You will draw upon your understanding
of complex systems and technology to increase the efficiency and quality of our platform and infrastructure through automation.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with technology partners to build tools that enhance their ability to get software into the hands of end users.
- Partner with development and operations teams to continuously improve the frequency and reliability of the tools they use to do their work.
- Write high-quality tools and software using agile processes, including automated testing.
- Measure and optimize alerts and identify availability, performance, and security improvements.
- Assist with management of on-premises and cloud application environments.
- Participate in 24x7 shared on-call rotation. Participate in the troubleshooting of production issues.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years software development experience.
- Solid scripting and development skills including experience writing high-quality, automated unit/integration tests.
- Experience with highly available and high-performance web technologies.
- Knowledge of continuous delivery and continuous integration methods and best practices.
- Experience implementing and integrating system and service monitoring and alerting tools. (like Solarwinds, Splunk, PagerDuty or similar)
- Experience with incident and change management processes.
- Writing software and automated tests with PowerShell and/or C#.
- Deploying and configuring .NET, ASP.NET, Java and Node.js applications.
- Supporting Windows and/or Linux environments.
- Working in environments with a strong security focus.
- Experience with:
- Jenkins, Bitbucket and Git
- Chef, Puppet, Terraform or other infrastructure automation tools
- Cloud and container automation (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker or similar)
- Infrastructure automation (Network, Storage, Virtualization)
- Experience with:
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies and the importance of writing automated tests.
- Communicate professionally with internal customers and members of the team.
- Previous experience in HIPAA or HITRUST compliant environments.