Senior DevOps Engineer
Job ID 2021-2792
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD Health Services is looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer that will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining automated Continuous Integration and Delivery platforms and environments. You'll implement repeatable processes to ensure that code is built, packaged and delivered accurately and reliably. You will draw upon your understanding of complex systems and technology to increase the efficiency and quality of our platform and infrastructure through automation.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with technology partners to build tools that enhance their ability to get software into the hands of end users.
- Partner with development and operations teams to continuously improve the frequency and reliability of releases.
- Manage on-premises and cloud environments that host our applications.
- Write high-quality tools and software using agile processes, including automated testing
- Measure and optimize alerts and identify availability, performance, and security opportunities.
- Participate in 24x7 shared on-call rotation. Participate in the troubleshooting of production issues.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years DevOps automation or software development experience.
- Solid scripting and automation skills
- Configuring, deploying, and monitoring highly available and high-performance web technologies.
- Continuous delivery and continuous integration methods and best practices.
- Implementing and automating system/service monitoring and alerting tools (Solarwinds, Splunk, PagerDuty or similar)
- Incident and Change Management processes.
- Writing software with PowerShell and/or C# including automated tests.
- Jenkins, Bitbucket and Git.
- Deploying and configuring .NET, ASP.NET, Java and Node.js applications.
- Chef, Puppet, Terraform or other infrastructure automation tools
- Cloud and container automation (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker or similar)
- Infrastructure automation (Network, Storage, Virtualization)
- Windows and/or Linux systems engineering.
- Working in environments with a strong security focus.
Skills & Certifications:
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies.
- Communicate professionally with internal customers and members of the team.
- Previous experience in HIPAA or HITRUST compliant environments a plus