Senior UX/UI Designer
Job ID 2021-3170
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD, the most recognized and trusted brand of health information, is looking for a Senior Designer, UX/UI to join our team. The Senior Designer will report directly to the Lead Designer and Creative Director and will be responsible for supporting the Consumer Design Team across a variety of projects, with a primary focus on developing user-centered design for site products and initiatives.
The Senior Designer, UX/UI must have a strong eye for design and the ability to bring ideas to life across formats—designing site experiences and custom tools, which adhere to responsive design practices. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, able to take a project and run with it, and make it better than we could have imagined—someone who is ready to flex their design chops and can think strategically. You are creative, organized and nimble. In addition to the Senior Designer’s day-to-day responsibilities, you will bring ideas to life visually for new business presentations helping to sell new products and experiences.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a portfolio featuring multiple examples of responsive web design, wireframing and UI design and will be able to demonstrate their strong understanding of the latest digital trends and emerging technologies. Your portfolio is grounded in user-centered design principles and showcases clean visual design on both web and mobile app platforms. You know how to translate information and business requirements and develop an easy to follow experience for consumers.
What You Will Do:
- Design landing pages and create mockups for new business initiatives
- Optimize design of existing pages to increase engagement and conversion
- Create design that is not only aesthetically pleasing but delivers on business objectives as well as responds to performance data
- Partner with engineering to hand off designs with clear direction to ensure they are effectively and efficiently implemented
- Design with the user in mind
- Be an expert on the team for design trends and and technology
- Manage multiple projects and stakeholders
- Present your designs to stakeholders articulating the problem you were solving for and how your design achieved that
- Work collaboratively with different teams ranging from product, to development to project management
- Creation of assets for presentations for client facing materials
- Research stock imagery
- 4-5 years of previous design experience in product design, advertising agencies or publisher environments
- A portfolio of user experience and visual design work that showcases your design process and problem-solving ability
- Knowledge and examples of responsive design a must
- Clear communication and presentation skills
- A strong eye for typography, color and communication as demonstrated in a portfolio
- Proficient technical skills related to design and presentation programs:
- Mastery of design programs
- Adobe XD a plus
- Workfront a plus
- Reading HTML and CSS a plus
- Familiarity with Powerpoint a strong plus
- Mastery of design programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with diverse cross-functional teams and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience and/or interest in supporting new business initiatives