Associate Director, Product Marketing
Job ID 2021-2654
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD – the most recognized and trusted brand of health information - seeks an Associate Director to join its Product Marketing team. WebMD is developing advertising solutions that raise the bar for delivering engagement, consideration and conversion at the right time and in the right context. We’re looking for an Associate Director, Product Marketing, to support the commercial growth of these solutions.
The Associate Director, Product Marketing is part of a dynamic, cross-functional team focused on building innovative, integrated product marketing strategy for WebMD. We are a team of passionate, strategic and creative thinkers. WebMD’s Product Marketing Team directly supports and impacts results for a sales team who are at the top of their industry.
The Associate Director will be responsible for developing new product lines as well as enhancing existing products for WebMD’s Sales & Marketing organization. This individual will closely track revenue & performance associated with WebMD’s products, steering necessary product improvements and pricing revisions while interfacing with key stakeholders throughout the process. The Associate Director will also serve as a subject matter expert to WebMD’s sales team, presenting product capabilities to clients as needed, and addressing external client inquiries.
● Support the business planning, strategy, forecasting, pricing and positioning of WebMD’s Sales & Marketing product solutions
● Provide product and marketplace expertise to support prospective sales by addressing advertiser needs around capabilities, customization requests, and solution configuration
● Regularly interface with Ad Operations, Business Intelligence, and Marketing Strategy teams to facilitate custom requests and ensure product performance outcomes are as expected.
● Build marketing and training materials such as client-facing positioning, sales tools, and competitive analyses
● Compile and evaluate sales performance/impact of product solutions to deliver monthly insights, trends and recommendations to management team
● Adapt product offering quickly and efficiently based on trends, performance and market insights
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related experience
● 8+ years or equivalent experience in digital media/advertising in a product, commercial marketing, data analytics, or other relevant role
● Demonstrated experience pulling, interpreting and analyzing data to provide insight into product performance
● Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
● Aptitude to extract, manipulate, and present data reported across various systems
● Effective critical and strategic thinking in order to solve for challenging scenarios
● Proven success in supporting new revenue streams for a media organization
● Demonstrated ability to craft compelling marketing materials related to product rollouts
● Highly self-motivated, proactive and self-sufficient
● Ability to manage all phases of a project in collaboration in order to deliver an end-to-end solution
● Capable of working within a cross-functional org while effectively influencing stakeholders to create scalable solutions
● Confident and capable of juggling several priorities on a regular basis while working independently, strategically and creatively
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present and articulate solutions to clients as well as internal stakeholders
● Understanding of the Pharmaceutical and/or CPG marketing landscapes a plus