Senior Marketing Data Analyst
Job ID 2021-3150
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD is searching for a Data Analyst to join our Business Intelligence team. In this role, your primary responsibilities will be to generate revenue and business insights through database analysis and solve analytical business problems posed by all levels of management, spanning C-Suite to operations at WebMD.
This position will:
- Provide ad hoc analytical and database support to optimize site user interaction and financial return for WebMD.com.
- Conduct database, financial, marketing and other forms of quantitative analysis to discover answers to business questions
- Support the development of new data products and increase sales volume through machine learning and predictive analysis
- Support the Sales organization with RFP responses, campaign optimization across media tactics, and renewal efforts by developing creative, quantitative means to prove the value of WebMD
Typical assignments will include:
- Meetings with Senior Management, Marketing, Project management and Product management staff to understand business goals and data sources
- Identifying analytical approaches and appropriate data to investigate
- Developing and executing analyses, across database (e.g. Vertica), web analytics (e.g. Adobe), spreadsheet (e.g. Excel), and presentation (Tableau) technologies
- Validating quality of data and analysis
- Presenting findings with action items
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, marketing or quantitative field or 4 years equivalent experience
- Intellectual curiosity
- 3 years’ experience in financial or marketing analysis
- Strong database analysis experience, including authoring code in SQL or comparable language
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible, accountable and result-driven