Proposal Content Specialist
Job ID 2021-3091
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD/Medscape is looking for a qualified Proposal Content Specialist to join the Medscape Education Team. As a top-notch project manager with editorial skills, the Proposal Content Specialist will play a key role within the Proposal Development Team to ensure quality and consistency of resource documents and writers guides, proposal templates, and processes.
- Manage and maintain a comprehensive grant resource library
- Manage and maintain proposal templates to ensure they are accurate and up to date
- Write copy for new product descriptions, process documents, and other resources
- Work with the proposal team to find efficiencies in grant development processes
- Assist the team with the assignment and quality control of freelance writing and/or copyediting projects
Skills and capabilities:
- Proactive, with a strong sense of self-direction
- Ability to engage key internal stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Excellent verbal communicator, particularly in a team-based setting
- Skillful writing and editing, with the ability to simplify complex ideas for clear understanding
- Detail oriented and deadline focused
- Strong project management skills
- Resourceful with ability to quickly take projects from idea to execution
- 4-year degree with a focus on writing/editing, communications, business, or related
- 1-3 years project management experience
- Experience writing for professional or technical purposes; medical education setting a plus
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, share ideas, and develop effective responses
- Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes