Registered Nurse, Telephonic Healthcoach
Job ID 2021-3013
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Condition Management Nurses utilize behavior change methodologies to support participants’ efforts to maintain and improve their health, especially as related to chronic health conditions such as diabetes, heart failure, coronary artery disease, asthma, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Together with a team of condition health coaches, the Condition Management Nurse supports participants’ efforts to prevent complications, minimize health risks and achieve positive long-term health outcomes. This is accomplished via the provision of telephonic health coaching with participants who have been targeted for intervention based on health assessment results or claims data.
Condition management responsibilities include:
- Maintain current knowledge of evidence-based
- wellness concepts related to exercise, nutrition, weight loss, tobacco cessation, blood pressure control, and cholesterol management
- guidelines for chronic health conditions including but not limited to diabetes, coronary artery disease, heart failure, asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Utilize established tools & protocols provided to assess participant health status, and to identify health risks
- Educate participants about health management concepts using evidence-based guidelines
- Assist participants with developing plans and goals to mitigate their health risks
- Leverage evidence-based coaching techniques (such as motivational interviewing, reflective listening and decisional balance) to elicit behavior change
- Assure accurate documentation of participant progress to support outcomes evaluation and to assure continuity of care
- Maintain specified health credentialing, including licensure, certification and ongoing continuing education
- Perform other, varied job-related duties as assigned
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.
qualifications, skills and experience:
- Registered Nurse with current active, unprohibited license (compact state preferred)
- 2 years of experience working in a health coaching, disease management program or other relevant experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain active, unprohibited nursing license in state of New York and CA (with support from WebMD)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and facilitate change
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving ability combined with analytical, quantitative and creative skills
- Proficient use of MS Tools including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
- BS Nursing
- Leadership experience
- Working knowledge of motivational interviewing and behavior change science
- 5 years of experience working in a disease management program