Associate Editor – Social Media
Job ID 2021-3086
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Associate Editor of social media and community will support the growing Social Media team in an exhilarating role where strategy meets planning and execution on social initiatives for all of our channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and LinkedIn. The Editor will have an intimate understanding of these platforms including all of the features and functionality of each. This person is responsible for working with all associated teams (including editorial, sales and marketing) in supporting all aspects of the social media strategy delivery – from daily responsibilities managing our current platforms to long term project support - developing new platforms, increasing community engagement, and monitoring our brand, competition and influencers on line. This person will crucially have some understanding of health, medicine and medical specialities including the appropriate language used to describe studies, news and events as well as strong skills for presenting that information on social media platforms.
- At least three years of experience working in social media, influencer marketing, communications, media, editorial or related digital media field; health and medicine experience a plus
- Deep understanding of all social platforms functionality
- Early adopter of social trends with a passion for innovation
- Creative problem-solver who is solution oriented
- Excellent project management skills
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and can multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong copywriting skills with ability to quickly adopt, shift & evolve editorial tone of voice; editorial or copywriting experience mandatory
- Paid Social experience
- Strong creative judgement to recognize engaging, and on-brand content (visuals/copy)
- Ability to collaborate effectively
Nice to have:
- Well-versed in digital media and social media tools such as Sprinklr, Crowdtangle
- Proficient technical skills in Excel, Photoshop and Premier,
- Ability to create video and infographics for social a plus
- Required/Preferred Languages: English but French, Spanish, Portugues or German a plus