Job ID 2021-3088
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Medscape is seeking an experienced medical journalist, reporting to the Medscape Neurology/Psychiatry Executive Editor. Specifically, this individual will review journals and help identify potential studies for news coverage, write news articles in neurology and psychiatry, network to build physician contacts and news sources. This position requires basic medical knowledge, excellent news judgment, solid medical news writing and interviewing skills, attention to detail, ability to meet tight deadlines, and work with others in a virtual environment.
- Review and digest scientific papers from major medical journals in psychiatry and neurology to identify studies for coverage of interest to a clinical audience.
- Ability to cover policy issues in psychiatry and neurology
- Write 3-4 news articles per week based on published studies and new research presented at meetings.
- Cultivate relationships with key thought leaders in psychiatry and neurology and relevant public relations contacts.
- An ability to write compelling long-form features when required
- Travel to medical meetings is required.
- 5+ years of medical news writing experience, producing accurate, balanced, compelling copy in a timely manner
- Bachelors degree or equivalent years of relevant(related) experience
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in an online environment