Director, Business Development - Medical Communications
Job ID 2021-3063
Frontline Medical Communications, Inc., a division of Medscape, is one of the healthcare industry's largest medical communications companies and a leader in digital, print, and live events. The Company leads in HCP-level targeting and is ranked 1st in combined web and print engagements. With MDedge?, our state-of-the-art integrated web portal, and audited email database, FMC meets the marketing challenges of our clients with superior reach, optimal sponsorship opportunities, and flexible advertising programs. FMC delivers award-winning, indexed, clinical reviews; practice and policy information; and medical news daily from on-site reporting at major medical meetings, many in collaboration with notable societies, medical associations, and opinion leaders. FMC produces live events, digital click-for-credit, and CME in affiliation with Global Academy for Medical Education, LLC and Hemedicus.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Main Function: Lead efforts to develop new - and expand existing - commercial opportunities, leading to growth of Frontline and MDedge advertising revenue. This role will focus on direct to pharma ad sales and 3rd party agencies/med-ed companies – which benefits from our ability to reach and engage healthcare professionals. (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists, etc.)
Reports to: Vice President, Frontline Sales
- Create effective business plans, objectives, and action steps that drive results (Sales & Revenue) within the assigned territory
- Develop and maintain active client prospects and relationships, secure appointments, and present opportunities for promotional initiatives
- Lead the strategic dialog with clients on how our solutions can creatively solve business challenges – and develop presentations, marketing materials, written communications, and verbal presentations that establish our solutions as a leader in the space
- Create and present detailed capabilities, customized proposals, and scope documentation (IO, SOW, etc.) based on client needs and business challenges. (includes demonstrating a rich understanding of the customers current medical/legal/regulatory guidelines and requirements)
- Brainstorm with internal team members on ways to drive innovative approaches, new ideas, and creative solutions
- Research broad range of topics of interest to targeted physicians, specialists as appropriate and allied health professionals.
- Ultimate responsibility for the successful execution and delivery of all projects sold or managed in the territory
- Work with internal departments to kick off each program and keep apprised of sold program status.
- Participate in status calls, MLR meetings and communicate with client
- Review and approve med ed programs sold prior to publication/execution
Management and Administration:
- Create and maintain accurate territory details in Salesforce.com;
- Active client data base
- Prospective opportunities
- Milestones and proposals
- Compile and maintain project status reports (with Custom Programs)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 5+ years of selling experience to Pharmaceutical companies and/or media agencies
- Knowledge of pharma standards and disciplines and individual pharma procedures by company required
- Attend key medical conferences in respective markets to develop sales opportunities
- Travel required as needed to build relationships and new business
- Exceptional research, organizational, planning, and presentation skills
- Articulate and personable. Able to work well with others, both internally and externally.
- Technologically proficient (G-Suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Work under deadline pressure; strong ability to Multi-Task and prioritize
- Good problem-solving skills