Director of Product Management
Job ID 2021-2979
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Director, Product Management sets the overall strategic vision across all of WebMD Health Services award winning product portfolios and is accountable for succeeding against identified metrics, managing the product portfolio’s budget and financials, and setting short and long-term product goals as well as ensuring the product team is effectively working together with their partners across the organization.
This role represents the “voice of the client” by maintaining and prioritizing multiple backlogs to ensure that the team is working on stories that maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality to all of our customers and our Client Delivery organization. In this role you understand the value of and uses data analytic and metrics to make the best decisions for our users, anticipating their needs for additional features and functionality. As the Director, your job is to continuously remove impediments for your team by working with multiple groups both internally and externally, while communicating a clear and concise product vision that embodies the product strategy and direction of the product organization. You will also know when to say no to requests and understands how to work with long-range directional initiatives while maintaining extremely short, rapid development sprints. You will work directly with their portfolio product managers, product designers, lead engineers and group architects for all planning.
You will be responsible for maintaining multiple fast-paced, engineer dominant scrum based teams that represent a product portfolio of client-facing applications for WebMD. You will work with shared resources across our organization to ensure your teams success and goals of continuous integration. You will guide your team to maintain the highest standards of compliance, security and scale.
- Manage and develop product management team, including:
- Hiring, leading and mentoring team members.
- Ensuring highest levels of job satisfaction by setting goals, job expectations, responsibilities and targets.
- Ensuring team is involved in process identification and changes, participating in actively learning and meeting roadmap and project goals.
- Establishing and tracking agile process, planning, milestones and deployment to ensure departmental success.
- Set key business objectives and develop product strategy
- Coordinate across their portfolio product managers to ensure that every team has defined scope and clear objectives
- Use data analytics and metrics to drive strategy, decision making, and prioritization within your Portfolio
- Be the “voice of the client” to all outside stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met and that the portfolio product teams are getting the support they need
- Oversee progress against product backlogs to ensure work and priorities are in line with product strategy and goals
- Help product managers on their team with any issues relating to resources, partner teams, infrastructure, support, etc.
- Develop materials and documents for Client Delivery and Client Success
- Works with Marketing and Sales to develop materials that support continuous marketing and pre-sales support
- Attend any meetings that involve direct product support or attendance representing each product and product manager for their group
- Make final decisions on any scope changes to prioritize key features
- Manage resource allocation strategy to ensure teams have team members they need
- Create and manage product budget
Reports to the Vice President of Product and Solutions. Works with counterparts across Product, User Experience, Technology, Sales and Client Success and throughout the WebMD organization. Works with external partners including vendors.
- 5+ years’ experience within product/technology management or product strategy role (e.g. Senior Manager or Director) or requirements development role.
- 3 years of experience managing people
- Experience creating and managing a budget
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and tech teams
- Strong business experience
- Proven use of data analytics and metrics in the product development process
- History with consumer based tools, applications or services
- Experience with agile development
- Domain expertise
- Experience in health and wellness/well-being
*As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.