Senior Director, Experiential Events Design
Job ID 2021-2668
MedscapeLIVE!, a Medscape Company, delivers MD and HCP audiences across all therapeutic areas. Access MDs and HCPs through MedscapeLIVE! Events.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Lead the innovation based, creative concept development and deployment of experiential and thematic based strategies to support MedscapeLIVE’s portfolio of relevant in-person and virtual live events
- Identify and develop experiential based engagement points that resonate with differentiated audience segments based on Medscape clinician member profiles and behaviors
- Incorporate experiential design elements at the event product level as well as one off unique event experiences
- Contribute event design and experiential expertise to MedscapLIVE’s Virtual Conference Services (VCS) vertical, providing fee for service virtual and hybrid event solutions to third party healthcare oriented entities
- Provide consultancy to external and internal stakeholders with regard to custom live event design, pricing, and management services
- Deliver regular insights on competitive set and industry issues, and identify opportunities and make recommendations for competitive differentiation in the areas of event technology and business products
- Equip outside sales teams on VCS capabilities and provide communication materials for sales use in market.
- Identify growth opportunities that leverage experiential event products and drive monetization
- Continuously communicate marketplace dynamics and changes among competitive set; synthesize findings to evolve sales communications and inform live event product solutions
- Develop a strong and efficient working relationship with strategic business partners, internally and externally
- Travel as required to various Medscape corporate offices and/or live events
Education, experience & skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 12 years overall relevant experience with at least 7 years’ experience in event product design, marketing, and/or product management within healthcare, live events or relevant sector
- Highly creative and innovative spirit
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, executive presence, and ability to build meaningful relationships with all levels of client and internal staff and management.
- Ability to operate within a large professional environment while maintaining an entrepreneurial approach
- Superb client development and project management skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to drive business growth through strategic, market-based solutions.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, analytical skills and business judgment.
- Successful track record of thought-partnership, team work and leadership
Vaccine Requirements: As a federal contractor, we must comply with federal guidelines for COVID19 Vaccine requirements. Testing to opt-out is not permitted. If you have an exemption request, those will be evaluated by an outside consultant on a case by case basis.