Job ID 2021-3123
- Advise internal clients on legal issues and risks relevant to WebMD's business, including privacy, GDPR, and online advertising across Europe (including United Kingdom, France, Spain, Netherlands and others)
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including customer agreements, professional services contracts, content development and license agreements, data agreements and software and technology license agreements
- Take an active interest in global privacy and security laws, regulations, and enforcement activities, drawing on your experience to translate that knowledge into policy setting and practical advice to senior management and product leadership in digital business model.
- Researching and responding to general legal inquiries from in-house clients that may relate to litigation, regulatory issues, intellectual property, privacy matters, data misuse, and consumer complaints.
- Provide legal support for matters related to post-M&A integrations; participate in M&A activities and other strategic corporate transactions, as needed
- Contribute to the maintenance, updating and revising contract template agreements and integrating contracts of acquired companies
- Identify, assess and brief senior lawyers in the team on potential and actual risks and legal exposures and take appropriate proactive and remedial measures.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
- Commercial and practical attorney with 7+ years extensive experience in a combination of law firm and in-house experience with a proven ability to handle multiple matters in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and provide business-practical legal advice and solutions
- Proven ability to collaborate across cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, finance and business development
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a high volume work environment
- Ability to work independently
- Must be qualified to practice in the United Kingdom and have a law degree from an accredited law school.
- Fluency in English is required, other languages (French, Spanish and Dutch) is advantageous
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our global digital platforms. The WebMD businesses includes WebMD, Medscape, Frontline, Jobson, Univadis, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, Vitals.com, theheart.org and Medscape Education.