Creative Operations Manager
Job ID 2021-3117
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD, the most recognized and trusted brand of health information, is looking for a Creative Operations Manager to support both our design and branded content teams across multiple business units—pre-sale marketing, site and sponsorships. The Creative Operations Manager will report to the Creative Director and will be responsible for establishing operational best practices for the creative groups; partnering with stakeholders across design, product marketing, editorial, account and project management teams.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated, nimble problem solver who is able to identify and test solutions that create and maximize operational efficiencies. This person should be passionate about streamlining processes and improving the way things work, constantly striving to improve the ways in which we create.
- Work cross-functionally to identify workflow issues and integrate process improvements for Creative Operations as a whole
- Develop creative briefing documents and project intake forms to ensure all business requirements are captured
- Institute new strategies for vendor management and invoice tracking
- Develop onboarding materials for new hires and freelancer/contractor resources
- Lead the development and evolution of processes, systems, and programs that empower our design team to do its best work while growing professionally
- Define and keep up-to-date documentation of creative products
- Identify gaps within our asset organizational structure and lead solutions to help designers and other stakeholders find what they need quickly
- Evaluate current tools and systems used by the design and content team
- Help lead high priority projects defining scope working with Resource Manager to identify resourcing needs, and handling stakeholder management.
- Lead project post-mortems to identify roadblocks and process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant(related) experience
- 5+ years’ experience in design operations and/or project management for a creative team
- Proven experience in developing operational efficiencies
- Fluent in project management software and solutions, preferably WorkFront and Jira
- Possesses strong relationship building/partnering skills with the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management
- Experience in marketing, advertising, social, creative agency, or media organization
- Fluent understanding of the design and creative production process
- Experience in managing complex projects with cross-functional teams, and can think in both short-and-long term
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Previous design experience a plus