Medscape is seeking an Editorial Assistant to provide editorial and administrative support to the News & Features team. The Editorial Assistant would report to the Executive Director of News & Features and work closely with other directors and editors in the department to support content creation and promotion.
This position requires strong communication skills, excellent attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines; comfort working with others in a virtual environment, and facility with a variety of web-based applications.
· Compile first draft of daily news email
· Generate heat maps and other traffic reports for newsletters and articles
· Support syndication manager with initial lists of stories to publish
· Help editors with publishing requests
· Maintain staff information and update sites as needed
· Generate lists of articles to avoid/promote in weekly email newsletters
· Compile weekly highlights of editorial team achievements
· Occasional opportunities for writing news brief and polls
· Maintain database of freelance writers and editors
· Other editorial and administrative duties as needed