Market Research Panel and Marketing Manager
Job ID 2021-3166
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Medscape Market Research is a unique team within the Medscape Division of WebMD. Our primary goal is to help healthcare market researchers execute their research projects by tapping into our pool of highly engaged physicians and other healthcare professionals. To learn more about Medscape’s market research offering, go to: www.medscapemarketresearch.com .
The Market Research Panel Engagement and Marketing Manager will be responsible for providing input on and implementing the retention and acquisition strategies of our health care professional survey panel. This role will work closely with the senior director of market research and multiple departments (marketing, data management, product development and survey customer support) to successfully drive the market research business forward.
The Medscape healthcare professional panel is comprised of engaged healthcare professionals (HCP) who are accessing Medscape for clinical content. Our market research team leverages these Medscape visitors to build our high quality HCP panel.
- Hands-on management and expansion of the Medscape healthcare professional panel.
- Execute strategies to improve panel KPIs (eg. Acquisition, retention, response rate, completion rate).
- Optimization of the panelist experience (including the incentive payment process) to maximize retention, value for the respondent and value for Medscape.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality of the respondents and the security of the panel
- Gain a complete understanding of the Medscape data to leverage for targeting and validation of members.
- Work closely with customer support and the market research team to identify and implement process improvements that lead to improved panelist satisfaction and retention.
- Collaborate with external departments to ensure the on-going health of the panel.
- Master our proprietary panel and project execution platform.
- Present KPIs to management with recommendations on improvements.
- 7-10 years of applicable experience in online market research, customer engagement, marketing and/or panel management.
- Must have the ability to think strategically to help build an approach that supports panel growth and engagement.
- Understanding and knowledge of the market research industry and operations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Ability to multi-task among many different priorities at once.
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently to drive initiatives forward with little guidance.
- Must be a team player and able to effectively interact with staff at all levels of the company
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS-Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in marketing, market research or other aligned major.
- Experience and understanding of the healthcare marketplace and various data sources (NPI, AMA, etc.)
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative market research
- Knowledge of market research legal and privacy policies
- Experience with global market research and/or panels
- Experience in digital marketing
- Knowledge of Oracle, PL/SQL, Tableau is a plus