HR Business Partner
Job ID 2021-3046
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org, and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
HR Business Partner
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for providing HR support to several business groups. This position will help ensure that the company attracts, develops, and retains high-quality talent to support the organization's growth objectives. The HRBP will focus on the full employee lifecycle including workforce planning, on-boarding, talent development, performance management, employee relations, and compensation.
- Provides HR guidance and support to line management
- Analyzes trends and metrics to recommend solutions, and programs
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues. Conducts investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, corrective action)
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Partners with leaders and Talent Acquisition to understand staffing requirements and ensure the workforce meets current and future needs
- Partners with HR colleagues to ensure seamless delivery of HR strategy and programs
- Provides guidance and input on organizational changes and workforce planning
- Works with management on compensation processes including merit increase, promotion, and bonus planning
- BA/BS Degree in HR, Business or related major or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience providing direct client support as an HR generalist for an EXEMPT, salaried workforce in multiple locations is a must
- Experience in technology, healthcare-related and/or digital media industries a plus
- Must be located in NYC and surrounding areas, no relocation is provided
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation, employee relations, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Good judgment in maintaining confidentiality of employee and company information as well as understanding appropriate escalation
- High attention to detail, excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and HRIS systems
- High accountability, proactive approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed environment