Lead Developer - Dot NET
Job ID 2021-2947
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
As the Technical Lead for CMS, you will work to build a next-generation content management DevOps based Aspen One CMS integrated with our PAAS platform Helios providing the ability for different WebMD business units to build applications rapidly. Delivering content to 1 in 3 US adults monthly.
You will contribute to strategic direction, design solutions and introduce new technologies and methodologies to improve the performance and reliability of our stack.
We build content and asset management platforms using the latest technologies - .NET Core framework, NodeJS, VueJS - and build services that handle large scale, highly-available distributed systems, deployed in Kubernetes.
- Architect, design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions in collaboration with teammates.
- Design services with a strong focus on high availability and scalability, robustness, and observability.
- Build software prototypes and conduct experiments to evaluate alternative architectures.
- Work with business stakeholders to establish scope of work and technical requirements to support all operational aspects of Content Management System.
- Provide detailed architecture diagrams detailing how various platforms and applications would be seamlessly integrated to meet business requirements.
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through code and design reviews.
- Develop best engineering practices by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, reusable, diagnosable, and actively monitored.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the development, testing, and production readiness of the services you build.
- Stay educated on existing and state of the art technologies, and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
- Grow and mentor junior developers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience
- 4 years’ experience in software engineering including analysis, architecture, design & development of complex applications involving multiple platforms and web applications.
- Expertise with Rest APIs to interact with other upstream/downstream systems.
- Strong knowledge the .Net framework including .Net Core
- Experience designing complex relational database schemas using Microsoft SQL Server
- Proven experience with project estimating, scope definition, resource allocation, and meeting project timelines.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coordinate work across different functional teams.
- Experience working with agile processes.
- Experience in Drupal
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with some flavor of NoSQL