Job ID 2021-3187
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Medscape’s Data Analyst, reporting to Associate Director of Data Analytics within the Medscape Education organization, is responsible for developing automated processes and reporting to support our Audience Engagement team in optimizing their day-to-day operations and understanding of our audience. This position requires the ability to collect and digest high-level business requirements and translate them into specific data manipulation processes and automated reporting tools. You will leverage site traffic, email, and other third-party data to pull out key insights, formulate reports/dashboards, and develop automated solutions. This role involves a high level of cross-functional work and interfaces regularly with Audience Engagement and technology teams to provide well-rounded solutions to key stakeholders. A strong working understanding of data concepts is fundamental to this role, and experience in SQL, Python, Tableau, and Excel is paramount.
An ideal candidate will bring strong data management, analytical, communication, project management, and problem solving skills. Candidates must have a proven ability to be proactive and detail-oriented in meeting deadlines, while identifying opportunities for automation and process efficiencies.
- Develop new and manage existing internal tools for various stakeholders to track KPIs related to audience engagement, traffic, audience behavior, etc.
- Devise methodologies for and perform analysis on web traffic, audience behavior, and campaign performance.
- Understand our online transactional processing systems, enterprise data warehouse, and data models
- Work with business stakeholders to develop and release new reporting products while managing the review and investigation of defects
- Optimize existing and develop new reporting tools/processes to ensure the short and long-term viability of Medscape’s analytics and reporting capabilities relating to audience engagement/marketing.
- Analyze data, provide assessments of trends, and position activity metrics to help optimize audience engagement priorities
- Work with various internal Medscape teams to improve database logic for internal tools and improve reporting capabilities.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; a concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems, or scientific, mathematical or data intensive field of study is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience, preferably with marketing/engagement data
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient queries against an enterprise data warehouse
- Experience in data modeling, data warehouses, query optimization, and business intelligence platforms.
- 2 years of experience developing automated dashboards using Tableau Server. Other tools such as Looker, Power BI, SAP Business Objects, Domo, and Qlik will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing Python (or other scripting languages) with SQL to develop data processing jobs and automated reporting.
- Have an understanding of Data Science methodologies and techniques. Experience in Data Science is a plus but not required.
- Creative thinker who can utilize existing resources in a productive and/or innovative way
- Excellent organization and documentation skills required (MS Word, Powerpoint, Google Drive)
- Strong analytical skills combined with proficiency in understanding, representing, and communicating data-driven analysis to various departments by using data to tell a compelling story