Executive Director, Team Lead
Job ID 2021-3179
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD is the world's most recognised and trusted brand of health information and the leading
provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals,
employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the
Magazine. Part of WebMD, the Medscape Professional Network includes Medscape, Medscape
Education, Univadis, coliquio, MGP, MediQuality, QxMD, theheart.org and eMedicine. WebMD's
professional portals are highly regarded and very well known; Medscape.com is the largest physician
portal in the world.
WebMD Global is the division of WebMD responsible for all territories outside the USA. This role is
specific to the Medscape Professional Network.
WebMD Global, the fastest growing division of WebMD, seeks an experienced online Sales Director
to join its global sales division representing the Medscape Professional Network. In this role, the
successful candidate will lead a team of European sales executives who are responsible for selling
Medscape’s unique suite of promotional and educational solutions into the Life Sciences industry.
The candidate will play an important leadership role within the organisation and will make a critical
and significant contribution to our sales and revenue success in the future. We are seeking a
professional who has experience working with a wide variety of product categories in the
marketplace, and who will be an outstanding senior representative of WebMD to both our Life
Science clients and our agency customers.
This high profile role will be reporting directly to our Group Vice President of Global Sales and based
in WebMD’s central London office.
When appropriate, frequent travel will be required to client meetings and medical conferences,
mainly in Europe but also to the USA and elsewhere. A highly competitive compensation package
awaits the successful candidate.
Executive Director – WebMD Global
• Manage and lead the primary activities of an experienced team of sales representatives
• Oversee marketing and selling of digital promotional solutions to global and regional teams
within the Life Sciences industry
• Overall responsibility for team sales target
• Manage activities relating to sales volume and pipeline
• Work with executives and directors to identify, develop and implement effective sales,
product and marketing strategies
• Build sustained relationships at a senior client level, across a number of job functions i.e.
brand, marketing, medical, sales, procurement, legal and senior agency level
Experience and track-record of success in promotional sales and/or physician education. Superior
organisational and planning skills; executive presence, able to inspire respect from all levels both
internally and externally. Exceptional presentation and consultative sales skills; someone with a long
track-record of building deep relationships with senior level executives at both client and AOR’s.
Ability to effectively run sales meetings, track pipelines and keep a team organized, motivated, sharp
and winning. Ability to work in a team-oriented environment. Demonstrated ability to lead,
participate and thrive in a dynamic and successful sales environment.
• At least 6-8 years selling digital physician promotion and/or medical education with at least
3 years of sales management experience preferred
• Demonstrated history of success meeting or exceeding team attainment goals
• Significant experience working with direct advertisers, as well as agency experience
• Deep understanding of business needs and market objectives of target customers
• Passion for digital and new technologies
• Experience of managing large strategic accounts
• Experience in the negotiation of large scale contracts
• Superior written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to interface successfully and build relationships with other departments of the
organisation such as Marketing, Editorial, Production, Finance, Legal, HR, etc.
• When appropriate, ability to travel internationally a must
• Bachelors degree preferred
Basic Salary: A highly competitive salary depending on experience
Bonus: On target bonus has potential to more than double annual income, and over target sales are
rewarded generously with no upper limit.
Other benefits: Pension, Private Healthcare etc