Client Service Associate (CSA) (RPT 0.6)
Employment Status: Permanent, Part Time (0.6 FTE)
Program Name: Nursing
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 45
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings
Union/Bargaining Unit: OPSEU
On Call: No
The Service Delivery team will operate on a 7 days per week schedule, and the successful candidate must be available to work some weekends as well as evenings and holidays
- Work as part of the Service Delivery team in the intake of new clients, and the planning and maintenance of client visits and service records
- Liaise with funders, clients and the care team in the community regarding services and information and is the first point of contact for all incoming service requests
- Coordination of service providers schedules and updates
- Receive and process referrals and updates and responds to phone inquiries from community, customers, clients, doctors, service providers and other agencies
- Coordinate all standardized data input, triaging of calls and information
- Work closely with front line nurses, supporting their day to day needs
- Other duties/task as assigned by Manager
- High School diploma and Office administration certificate or equivalent experience required.
- University/college education preferred.
- Medical terminology certificate would be an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, including Outlook, faxing software, and database management.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a scheduling environment preferred.
- Experience in health care environment preferred.
- Previous customer service experience in a contact center environment is considered an asset.
- Experience with scheduling software such as Procura an asset. Skill Requirements:
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate activities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to problem solve and adjust to rapidly changing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Above average skill with a variety of computer software.
- Quick and accurate keyboarding skills (min 45 wpm).
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its’ discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.