Personal Support Worker (PSW) Evenings and Weekends (RPT 0.8)
Employment Status: Permanent, Part-time 0.8 FTE)
Program Name: Home Support
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 60 Evenings/Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: OFHCW
On Call: No
Location: Belleville, ON
The PSW/DSW provides personal care and health maintenance to individuals and families in the home setting within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures and standards, in community health care.
This position provides community support services including personal care, light housekeeping, meal preparation to clients in their homes.
- Personal Support Worker/Developmental Services Worker Certificate/Diploma
- Current First Aid / CPR Certificate will be requested
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Capability to adapt to change and work in various social and economic environments
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- Valid driver’s license & use of a reliable vehicle with current car insurance
- Current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its’ discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.