Financial Analyst (RFT 1.0)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Finance
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
Location(s): Halifax, NS
Due to Covid-19 Pandemic, this position is temporarily remote but does require on-site attendance periodically when required
The Financial Analyst provides operational support to the Senior Finance Managers and Finance Managers. The role includes general accounting, financial reporting and financial analysis responsibilities.
- Prepares working papers and account analysis to support monthly and annual financial statements for balance sheet accounts, including payroll source deduction accounts.
- Completes bank reconciliations for centralized bank accounts and preparing appropriate journal entries for bank-related transactions.
- Prepares weekly cash flow projections and analyzing variances to actual results.
- Completes monthly continuity schedules for fixed assets and deferred capital contributions.
- Assists with annual budget process by supporting other Finance team members.
- Provides analytic support to Finance team members.
- Provides support to SAP users for banking, fixed assets, and general ledger.
- Maintains the SAP master data and reports in SAP.
- Creates new assets in the fixed asset module in SAP.
- Uploads the daily banking file to SAP for all central bank accounts.
- Prepares the T3010’s for VON Canada, VON Ontario and select others as required.
- Prepares and records the monthly vacation accrual for VON Canada.
- Provides consolidated financial and management reports to the CFO as required.
- Reconciles intercompany receivable and payable accounts and process bank transfers.
- Performs general accounting and all yearend audit working papers for the VON Canada Pension Plan.
- Prepares general accounting entries for VON Canada and intercompany Accounts payable entries for all legal entities.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of general accounting and financial analysis experience within a multiple-location environment
- Working knowledge of SAP would be considered an asset
- Experience working in not-for-profit sector is considered a strong asset
- Proficiency in Windows OS and MS Office Suite programs, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to achieving results and achieving deadlines.
- Thrives in a fast paced, challenging, and ever changing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check required.
VON is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and following public health directives, including recommendations from the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. The health and safety of our clients, their families, and our staff are our top priority.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations where required. For more information, please visit http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility