Job Title: Merchandise Planner
Reporting to: Merchandise Planning Manager
UNIQLO is a brand of Fast Retailing Co. (FR), a leading global Japanese retail holding company that designs, manufactures and sells clothing under five brands: GU, Theory, COMPTOIR DES COTONNIERS, PRINCESSE TAM.TAM, J Brand, and UNIQLO. FR is the world’s third largest apparel retail company and UNIQLO is Japan’s leading specialty retailer.
At UNIQLO, we are committed to providing our employees with enriching and challenging opportunities where achievements and personal growth are acknowledged and rewarded. We are dedicated to offering our employees training, performance based increases, and unlimited growth opportunities. If you are an ambitious, hard-working individual who welcomes new challenges, have a drive for success, and embrace the responsibility of leadership—then you belong at UNIQLO!
The Merchandise Planner is responsible for identifying sales trends, providing strategy and direction to ensure adequate inventory levels reach the appropriate channels of business in a timely manner. They will be able to build financial sales, gross margin and inventory plans for multiple departments in a given area. The Merchandise Planner will manage and plan merchandise inventory positions and markdown strategies to drive departmental sales, inventory, profit and sell through objectives. Also, they will provide in-season financial projections and strategies while identifying risks and opportunities to maximize profits.
- Build financial sales, gross margin and inventory plans at a weekly, monthly and seasonal basis
- Reforecast business in-season based on current performance, present revised projections and recommendations to cross functional partners and senior leadership
- Create allocation strategies, incorporating the merchandise plan and flow strategy to meet store inventory needs
- Review, analyze and adjust allocation plans incorporating sales trends
- Create and plan product assortments (item, color, size) for each product category
- Manage replenishment plans to ensure that sales are optimized and stores are without missing SKUs
- Place orders for both seasonal and replenishment product buys
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Passion for fashion and customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Mathematics preferred
- 1-3 years of retail merchandise buying or store planning experience
- Aware of current fashion trends and have an understanding of customer needs/demands, previous in-store retail experience preferred
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills with a strong business and financial acumen, able to analyze numbers to create reporting and come up with a solution to resolve any issues identified
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate and work with internal local teams and external global teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities to meet tight deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel
- Previous experience with Pivot Table and VLOOKUP is an asset
- Independent with a high level of ownership, accountability and initiatives
- Driven and have a sense of urgency
- Flexible schedule to support the business as needed
UNIQLO Canada is an equal opportunity employer. UNIQLO Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and accommodates person with disabilities. Candidates that are selected for interviews should advise us if they require accommodation.