Design Assistant - CAD
Support Design team members where needed and requested, with priority to creating CADs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work in partnership with the design team to create CADs
- Ensure assigned CAD work is presentable and accurate for key meetings.
- Completes silhouette sketching (tops, sweaters, bottoms, jackets, dresses, intimates) and detailed technical sketches.
- Creates, organizes and updates reference libraries (fabrics, tech packs, development samples).
- Assists Designers, Design Manager and Design Director in daily design processes.
- Organize visual boards
- Create line sheets
- Design Room maintenance (organize samples, presentation room, etc.)
- Performs other job duties as needed
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Associate’s degree in a related field.
- Design experience a plus but not required.
- Strong computer skills including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Possesses strong organizational time management skills.
- Excellent sense of urgency and consistency.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf