We are looking for a Merchandise Planner to join our growing brand! In this role you'll plan and analyze assigned merchandise categories along with communicating hit, misses and go-forward strategies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develops pre-season top-down/bottom-up level plans for sales, inventory, markdowns and margin in partnership with the Sr Planning Manager and Merchants.
- Develops assortment plans that tie back to the monthly receipt targets.
- Partners with the Manager and the Allocation Team to determine monthly allocation strategies.
- Initiates analysis of business trends, including but not limited to, category performance, regional, selling, and size selling.
- Conducts in-season reforecast of category unit plans/dollar plans, focusing on future opportunities as well as minimizing sales/inventory risks.
- Manages the Open to Buy with the Manager and the Buyer.
- Communicates over-/under-bought situations and provides recommendations for resolution.
- Recommends test strategies based on current category performance and initiates analysis.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2-4 years of merchandise planning experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; proficient with MS Excel and merchandise planning system.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.