Engineer - Full Stack
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NYSE: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.
About the role:
Are you an engineer skilled in implementing and deploying data platforms?
We need you to join our XPERI team to build innovative automotive In Cabin sensing solutions for the safety of the car drivers and passengers.
A Day in XPERI:
- You will be responsible for developing web-based applications for managing our computer vision datasets.
- You will develop tools for data annotation and data validation.
- You will work with software engineers to design and develop software infrastructure for data management.
- Develop a Django application that aims to output clean, reliable and well-structured data for our R&D team.
- Develop scripts for acquiring data from specific sources.
- Brainstorm ideas about key features for our software infrastructure tools.
- Recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Develop, construct, test, and maintain architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems.
- Develop and maintain data set processes to deliver the data to the R&D team and testing team.
- Take part in code review.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Good backend software development skills: Python, Django.
- Ability to develop friendly user interfaces.
- Knowledge of MongoDB or similar NoSQL databases.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Familiarity with Git.
- Fluency in English.
Nice to have
- Understanding of distributed computing systems.
- Knowledge of Celery(python), OpenAPI, Kubernetes, Docker Compose.
- Understanding AWS technologies (EC2, S3, RDS).
- Experience building workflows and secure APIs.
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs.
- Experience scaling web applications is a plus.
- Familiarity with Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence).
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, or computer science
- At least 2 years of architecting, developing, and deploying data platforms solutions
- Demonstrable experience scaling and deploying data engineering and analytics solutions.
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.