Engineer - Deep Learning (Remote/Hybrid)
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NYSE: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.
Are you a Machine Learning Engineer with experience in computer vision, image processing and data science?
We need you to join our XPERI In Cabin Monitoring Automotive team in Bucharest, Romania to build innovative solutions for the safety of the car drivers and passengers. Having existing automotive solutions in production, we are growing our European team to support increasing demand.
A Day at XPERI as a Machine Learning Engineer
You will be responsible to:
- Research and develop next generation algorithms in the area of Machine Learning and Computer Vision to enhance the In Cabin automotive experience for greater safety and convenience.
- Drive technology development from initial concept to implementation, validation and release, following the development processes and guidelines established in the project
- Work in an agile project team and close to customer and business stakeholders
- Continue to develop your own skills and keep up to date with latest advances in relevant areas of industry and academia
- Contribute to the IP portfolio of the company
- Participate in multi-site meetings
- Be available to travel, as necessary
- Software development experience with Python
- Experience with any of the Deep Learning development tools such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe
- Solid understanding of the mathematical principles of machine learning
- Self-driven, team player and focused on problem solving
- Fluent in English
- computer vision experience with detection, classification, recognition and regression deep convolutional neural networks
- data management experience for handling the large datasets used in machine learning
- C/C++ programming experience
Experience and Education:
3+ years of professional experience as a machine learning / deep learning engineer
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.