Sr Director, Strategic Sourcing
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NYSE: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.
About the role:
This position will report into Xperi’s Corporate Controller organization and will lead the strategic sourcing and procurement negotiations initiatives for Xperi in partnership with functional groups and Business Unit/ Function heads. The Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing will be tasked with creating a competitive advantage by leveraging our enterprise-wide scale to drive improvements in a sustainable bottom line and topline value.
In this newly created role, the Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing would be responsible for end-to-end implementation and execution of strategic procurement for Xperi’s direct and indirect spend across all verticals (from assessing spend and supply markets, developing category strategies, to executing deals and supplier management). Targeted results include but are not limited to cost improvement, superior supplier good/service quality, and overall category maturity progression.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in working closely with internal stakeholders to develop supplier strategies that support business goals. This role is an opportunity for someone with a solid procurement leadership background in a larger enterprise organization to build a strategic sourcing capability within Xperi.
Specific Operational responsibilities include:
- Engages and establishes business partnerships with cross functional leadership across Xperi to collaborate, influence, and drive sourcing strategies
- Develop and Implement Global Sourcing policies and procedures
- Lead the overall continuous strategic sourcing process from needs identification, through supplier performance management across multiple marketing categories
- Maintain strong external focus by leveraging industry peers, organizations and associations
- Lead supplier selection and complex negotiation process. Perform market, benchmark and spend analyses. Negotiate contractual terms and conditions in partnership with business owners
- Identify opportunities for increased competitive bidding, smarter supplier relationships and more efficient processes
- Builds effective strategic relationships with external suppliers to drive and execute category strategies
- Contribute to the corporate initiatives and general change management as we continue to rapidly develop overall procurement maturity at Xperi
- 7+ years of experience strategic sourcing / procurement in a large complex organization
- 4+ years leading the development and management of category plans or sourcing strategies with a preference on experience in managing IT category and indirect labor / service spend specifically
- Previous experience in driving change both within the organization and across large cross functional teams. Strong influencing skills and change management experience with the ability to successfully manage complexity and multiple priorities.
- In-depth understanding of the supplier marketplace across multiple categories; deep industry and/or professional relationships with vendors in the categories a plus
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize complex and technical information into clear recommendations
- Demonstrated contract and agreement negotiation experience, including development of negotiating plans and strategies.
- Strong relationship-management skills and ability to influence at senior-to-exec management level both internally and externally
- Willingness to offer thought leadership, to think creatively, and to offer new ways to approach old problems
- Bachelor's degree. Emphasis on Business, Economics, Accounting or Supply Chain preferred. MBA is a plus. Professional accreditation in sourcing / procurement a plus
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.
The estimated base salary range for this full-time position is $169,811 - $225,000 plus bonus, equity, and benefits, and can vary if outside of this location. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, competencies, experience, market demands, internal parity, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range and perks and benefits for your location during the hiring process.