Engineer - Test
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NYSE: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.
About the role:
At XPERI, we embrace your uniqueness. Bring your imagination and creativity to us and be a part of a technology company that brings sensory experiences to life; where you will unlock your true potential.
Position: Test Engineer in Bucharest our R&D office
Are you a Test Engineer with Image Processing or Audio background?
We need you to join our XPERI Global Imaging & Audio Innovation Business to work on cutting edge Imaging and Audio technologies and solutions, employing Machine Learning and AI .
The successful candidate will be part of the Testing team working closely with the R&D team, to evaluate and test our advanced machine learning and AI imaging and audio solutions and technologies.
What you will get to do:
- Be part of testing projects to evaluate the quality of image and audio processing algorithms.
- Participate in designing and implementing automated test cases to check the quality of ML algorithms, products and their features.
- Creates test plans, monitors and executes tests according to plan and project schedule.
- Prepare detailed test reports by filtering and processing complex test results data.
- Create and maintain documentation of test plans and procedures, test-case specifications and test reports
- Collect, review and process large data collections and organize in specific testing datasets
- Develop programs that automate the processing of large sets of data and images.
- Design, implement and perform comparative evaluations and benchmarking of imaging features in camera devices.
- Organize, carry out and document automated and manual exploratory testing of imaging or audio products in specific devices or in software applications.
- Help organizing and performing photo shoot sessions to acquire image datasets
Who we are looking for:
- Proficient in one or more computer programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java.)
- Proven experience with automated testing, ideally using scripting languages
- Familiarity with development tools such as Eclipse IDE.
- Solid experience with data and test results analysis
- Initiative, self-motivation, thoroughness and superior attention to details
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a globally distributed work environment
- Passion for developing great products and working with talented technical teams.
- S. Degree in Computer Science, electric/electronic engineering or mathematics
- 3+ years of software testing, QA, R&D or programming experience
- Experience with Java, Python or C/C++ programming
Nice to have:
- Experience in Machine Learning and AI Development
- Additional scripting and programming experience, and with software development tools
- Testing and QA experience for Automotive SW products or technologies
- Experience with Process Quality Assurance in software development (e.g. SPICE, CMMI)
- Knowledge of digital photography and cameras
- Experience in People Management
- Experience in Project Management / participated in projects
- Understanding of digital image or audio processing algorithms (digitization & coding, enhancement & restoration, segmentation and description)
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.