Senior Corporate Counsel
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent, and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NYSE: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.
About the role:
Xperi is looking for a talented product counseling and transactional attorney to support our rapidly evolving businesses. The attorney will work closely with our product, engineering and business teams supporting the development, licensing and global expansion of a variety of new and existing product and service offerings for the home, the car and everywhere in between. You will work closely with other product, cross-functional, and international teams and will impact the legal and business teams. The attorney will need to be an effective business partner who is able to calibrate risk, provide practical advice and solutions, lead negotiations with customers, and close commercial deals.
This position may be based in San Jose, CA (HQ) or Calabasas, CA (HQ2). Title and compensation to be commensurate with experience.
- Counsel the business team on a range of regulatory, privacy, intellectual property, and technology matters, and provide day-to-day advice.
- Handle legal issues in business-centric ways and develop processes and solutions that address risk while allowing the business flexibility to move quickly and continue to evolve our products and services.
- Support business leaders with transactional support for Xperi’s product portfolios, including drafting and negotiating highly-complex domestic and international licensing and other commercial agreements, while considering the related legal, business and financial issues.
- This position will collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales, operations, marketing, product, engineering, and finance teams.
- 8+ years of experience as a licensed attorney
- JD degree and membership in one state bar
- 2+ years of experience at a national or international law firm
- Prior in-house experience at a technology, media or advertising company
- 2+ years of experience with consumer products, video or other content delivery, advertising monetization, product (software) licensing, software-as-a-service, privacy and data security
- Knowledge of GDPR, CPRA or the privacy laws of other jurisdictions
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements or technology transactions
- Experience quickly learning new technologies, areas of law, and industry best practices
- Excellent organizational skills and experience managing large, cross-functional projects, including preparing and driving actionable project plans and timelines
- Ability to work independently, respond to shifting priorities with ease, and understand how to translate legal requirements into practical advice for business and technical stakeholders
- Enthusiastic about innovative products and technologies, including AI and consumer products and services
- Ability to balance risk and reward in direct partnership with team members or business leaders
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
Xperi is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.
The estimated base salary range for this full-time position is $141,176 - $180,000 plus bonus, equity, and benefits, and can vary if outside of this location. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, competencies, experience, market demands, internal parity, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range and perks and benefits for your location during the hiring process.