Sr Program Manager - Technical Scrum Master
Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that create extraordinary experiences at home and on the go for millions of people around the world. Powering billions of consumer electronics, connected cars and digital content titles, we make entertainment more immersive, driving more intelligent and every interaction seamlessly personalized through our renowned consumer brands: DTS®, HD Radio™, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
Xperi (NYSY: XPER) is a publicly traded technology company headquartered in San Jose, CA with over 2,000 employees across North America, Europe and Asia. Come join a thriving team where you can play an integral role in shaping the future of entertainment technology.
About the role:
Our DTS AutoSense™ team is developing Computer Vision and AI technologies to enable the cars of tomorrow perceive their occupants, their state, actions, and intentions for a safer and richer journey experience.
Our Driver and Occupancy Monitoring software is already on the market helping drivers and passengers for several years. Our new in-cabin sensing technologies have won multiple innovation awards and are shaping the future of in cabin sensing.
Xperi are looking got a Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master, Computer Vision (DTS AutoSense) to join our team.
What you will get to do:
You will participate in building innovative automotive In Cabin Monitoring solutions for the safety of the car drivers and passengers. Your success will be facilitated by your strong previous experience with software technology development and project management methodologies and will act as Scrum Master in some cases and/or following A-SPICE project management in other cases.
Project initiation, planning, execution, and closing:
- Collaborate with the project stakeholders to create adequate plans for the project. Keep the stakeholders informed about the project progress.
- Identify and validate project scope, major deliverables, milestones, assumption and constraints.
- Coordinate process tailoring for the project specific needs.
- Coordinate project estimation activities with the technical team.
- Maintain accurate schedules to ensure delivery within agreed timescales, and within agreed costs, and to required quality.
- Negotiate Agile team’s capacity needed for the project execution and monitor effort through the Agile Product Owner. As required, manage any outsourced activities as part of the project.
- Planning, monitoring and controlling of project budgets.
- Proactive risk management - maintaining a list of project risks along with proposed mitigation and corrective actions. Initiate countermeasures in case of deviations and escalate as needed.
- Report the project status regularly (timing, budget, scope changes, quality and risks).
- Liaise with Quality Assurance & Product Testing to ensure that overall project quality is managed and met as per internal or external customer's expectations.
- As the primary customer interface, ensure clear communication within the project team and project stakeholders, and facilitate the team to remove roadblocks and achieve its goals.
- Lead and own overall change management and change approval activities within the project
- Own project budget from project budget planning to execution and be accountable with efficient cost management & project profitability
- Define and maintain the Project Management processes, procedures, reporting, etc., to manage to ensure efficient and effective use of resources.
Management of the Scrum activities as Scrum Master:
- Facilitates scrum events: Sprint planning, review, retrospective and daily stand-up meetings.
- Ensures that scope, goals, timelines of the product backlog are captured in the sprint backlog and understood by team
- Ensures that the needs of Product Owner/Project Manager and Development Team and negotiated and balanced
- Removes roadblocks preventing Development team to implement product backlog
- Keeps consistency of Agile framework
- Coach the team and stakeholders on Agile ceremonies and practices
- Work with the team to ensure that JIRA issues are updated daily, and scrum velocity is understood
- Understand when conflict arises within the team, and work with the team to resolve any conflict which may arise
- Contribute to ongoing activities to enhance / update project management best practices (e.g. SPICE MAN3, MAN5) and Agile software development expertise.
- Work with wider team to share knowledge, mentor other team members as needed.
- Available to travel as necessary
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering
- Proven at least 5 years working experience as a project manager in the software engineering sector
- Understanding of full project lifecycle from planning through to delivery and project close.
- Experience and ability to work with V-model and Agile methodologies
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in at least one of the software development, the machine learning, or the data science
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines, under pressure and with adequate use of escalation paths.
Nice to have:
- Formal Project Management certification (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2, certified Scrum Master).
- Practical working knowledge of Atlassian tools (eg JIRA and Confluence).
- Knowledge of Computer Vision and Neural Networks technologies
- Hands-on experience, or knowledge of, iso26262 Function Safety.
What will make you successful:
- Excellent communication skills – clearly communicate in writing and verbally in English with all levels in the organization
- Ability to motivate the project team to maximize teamwork and collaboration, to achieve the team’s goals. project's goals.
Life @ Xperi:
At Xperi, we value People, Customers, Performance and Innovation. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all employees have a voice and sense of belonging, feel safe and valued, and are acknowledged for how their unique differences contribute to organizational culture and business outcomes.
Our employees and their families are important to us, and our comprehensive pay, stock and benefits programs reflect that. Xperi supports personal well-being, builds financial security and enables employees to share in our collective success.
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.